Multiple icons in Taskbar tray

Since that latest Win 10 update 1Password shows multiple icons (more than 10) in the Taskbar tray.
Screenshot

BTW: The adding an image in this forum editor does not work in Firefox and Chrome. Thus I used a hyperlink.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 1703 15063.540
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pmeinl: Are you perhaps using a content blocker? I know others have reported that this breaks the Javascript the forum software uses to attach images.

Regarding the icons, are you certain this is happening with Chrome as well and not just Firefox? I'm not certain of the cause, but the other similar reports I've seen were with Firefox. Reinstalling 1Password may help. Let me know!

• pmeinl
    pmeinl
    Community Member

@brenty:

Icons: I don't know if it is related to Firefox. I rarely use Chrome. But you mentioning the browser integration made me aware that I recently switched from FF 32-bit to 64-bit. Will have a look into this and let you know.

Attach images: No it works (with Firefox) - and I did not change anything... :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pmeinl: Ah, interesting. I guess I didn't realize that Firefox still had a 32-bit version. I wonder what I'm running on my other machines now... Do you have Native Messaging enabled in 1Password (under Help > Advanced)? That's a relatively new addition, and you'll need to be on the latest versions of 1Password (done), the extension, and Firefox.

• pmeinl
    pmeinl
    Community Member

After reinstalling the 1P extension in FF 64-bit the problem went away.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@pmeinl: Thank you for keeping us posted! :+1: We are glad to hear you've figured it out.

Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime in the future, we are always here for you. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• laurencei
    laurencei
    Community Member

@Greg @brenty

I'm experiencing this exact same issue. See gif showing the issue. The extra icons all "disappear" when you go to hover over them until only 1 remains.

1Password v4.6.2.626
    Windows 10 64bit
    Firefox Quantum 57.0.1 (64 bit)

Never used to happen until recently - not sure what's changed.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@laurencei: Thank you for reporting this!

Apparently, there is an issue with the current version of Firefox, which kills 1Password process if you close Firefox (Windows doesn't remove dead program icons (abnormal terminations) until you mouse over them).

Please try to launch 1Password 4 before starting Firefox, as a possible workaround. Let us know how it works. Thanks! :+1:

• laurencei
    laurencei
    Community Member

Ok - thanks.

So is this a bug with Firefox, or with the 1Password extension?

• Hi @laurencei,

It's an issue caused by Firefox. We'll be filing a bug report with Mozilla to see what's going on.

• forumusername
    forumusername
    Community Member

Still experiencing this issue on FF Quantum 59.0.2 (64-bit). Interestingly, all of the 1password icons disappear for me. Even the remaining one. The 1password process is still running, though.

What was the result of the bug report? Do you have the mozilla bug id?

• @forumusername: I hunted for the bugzilla ID, but didn't mange to find it (maybe @MikeT can help me out here) so I can't say for sure whether it was ultimately resolved. What I do know is that if you launch 1Password 4 before Firefox, this will avoid the issue at the least.

This discussion has been closed.