Just converted from standalone to online. Cannot get Firefox icon to work

Options

I've been able to create an account, migrate all my desktop vault contents to online just fine. Uninstalled desktop. Deleted vault from Dropbox.

With the Windows app, I can see my vault and doubleclick to access a web site, but the 1PW button is greyed out. I removed it from Firefox, restarted, then used Edge to download the extension, then opened the extension in Firefox using the File menu (since automatic install failed).

Am I incorrectly trying to invoke the extension related to the desktop version? How do I activate an extension for the online version?

Also, I've installed 1PW into the iPhone app and can see my vault, but it seems the only way to access the web from there is via the internal browser. I attempted to see my Citibank VISA account and their website rejected the attempt, not due to signon, but the browser. Now what? Can't I use Safari somehow with 1PW?

1Password Version: 5.01
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: WIndows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nazbuster,

Thank you for reaching out! I hope that you will like you new 1Password account. :) Let's get the extension fixed.

Please try to open and unlock 1Password 6 on your PC and go to > 1Password > Settings > Advanced and let me know what you have enabled under 1Password Browser Extension Integration? If Native Messaging is disabled there, please enable it for both browsers, restart 1Password and browser, and let me know if it works after that.

As for 1Password on your iPhone, you should be able to use 1Password extension in Safari. Please check this guide on how to enable it:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope it helps. I will be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding. I just checked 1Password6 and both Chrome and Firefox checkboxes are on. Still no icon for 1PW on the toolbar. (W10, PC. - Firefox 50.0.2 64bit).

Haven't attempted iPhone fix yet.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nazbuster: The current version of Firefox for Windows is 59. Is there a particular reason why you are running an outdated version? Please try to do the following:

1) Update Firefox to the latest version available.

2) Install 1Password extension for Firefox from our website.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

I apologize. The "50" was a typo and should have been "59". The download of the extension fails in Firefox. I remembered the alternate way to download using Edge and have installed the extension manually into Firefox. All seems to work there now!

I'll proceed to see what's wrong with the iPad/iPhone and get back to you...

• @Nazbuster: I'm glad your Windows issues are sorted! Rather than circling back to this thread for iOS issues, you may be better served by creating a new discussion in the iOS topic. We all tend hang out in the topic that corresponds to our areas of expertise, so you'll hear from the iOS experts more quickly there. :+1:

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

Will do.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nazbuster: Thanks! :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.