Google Chrome Extension 3.9.21.90_0 Auto Disabled?

Current version for Chrome Browser (Chrome Web Store) is 4.7.0.90. I was using the older version of the Chrome extension 3.9.21.90_0, which in my opinion was/is more functional.

As the older extension is no longer available through the Chrome Web Store, the extension is auto disabled. This is a make or break for me to use 1Password. Can you post the older extension back to the Chrome Web Store, or provide a method by which this will not be disabled?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zaragosa,

Thank you for getting in touch!

You will need to upgrade to the latest version of 1Password extension, because 1Password extension 3.9.21.90 is no longer supported. Chrome has started enforcing the hosted in Chrome Web Store requirement and 1Password 3 extension fails this requirement. Please check this post on how to upgrade.

Could you please let me know what difficulties with the latest 1Password extension you have at the moment? We are here to help, so I will be looking forward to your reply. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Zaragosa
    Zaragosa
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply,

I am a visual impaired person, the older extension (3.9.21.90) is much easier to see (for me) and imho has more functionality than the newer version. I have no problems updating/upgrading (changing to a newer) version but, it does not provide the functionality that I am looking for.

I do understand the conundrum you folks are faced with, keeping in-line with Apple/Google policies. This is why I asked if it is possible for the older version to be posted to the play store. I guess without a rewrite of the extension to adhere to Google play store standards it would not be accepted by Google.

That said, there are ways to enable extensions to run within Chrome that are not authorized by Google Chrome. I have been looking into this, and have found that by changing ether global permissions for chrome or placing additions in GPO can achieve the result I am looking for. Although this is a major endeavor, and would take an amount of knowledge to achieve, it is possible. If you folks were able to write a script it would make it plausible for other folks.

If I manage to get this working with a script, I will try and remember to post back to this forum my results. Thank you much for your attention, but, sorry for now I will try other alternatives.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zaragosa,

We take accessibility in 1Password quite seriously, so if you have specific feedback about the latest version of 1Password extension, it will be really appreciated. Please tell us what you are missing in the new version and we will see what we can do for you.

Additionally, please let me know what version of 1Password you are using on your computer. Is it 1Password 4? Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.