Password is filled in twice at myhelsana.ch instead of username/password

Options
bugybunny
bugybunny
Community Member
edited April 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Site here at https://www.helsana.ch/myhelsana/?login (myhelsana.ch just redirects here) has a field for E-Mail and password. I think I’ve let 1Password save the credentials automatically after registering there and didn’t enter them manually.

My 1Password entry has a username field with my email address and password with my pw. When I let 1Password fill in the fields with my set keyboard shortcut the password is filled into both fields and my email is nowhere. I guess the site does not follow the rules naming rules for their fields or something and not 1Passwords fault. But I don’t know what the extension expects and how the site should be but in the end I would write the site maintainers to fix it.

Unfortunately, you cannot just create an account there to test the login but you can still try and see if the fields are filled in correctly.

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90 for Chrome
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @bugybunny! Thanks for reporting the trouble with Helsana. You're correct that I can't test a "good" login because I can't create a real account there...but I don't really need to do that. I can test the performance of the login page with fake data, and see if 1Password can adequately save/fill it.

Turns out, it can - if you will visit that login page, enter the correct data manually, and then use these instructions to save Login manually, you should get the same result that I did when I tested it just now: a correct fill and submission of your data. Let us know how it goes for you! :)

• bugybunny
    bugybunny
    Community Member
    Options

This works, thanks!

I tried it with updating the entry. What does this do then? Only updating the username/password but not the web form details?

I just had a look at the old entry and it seems this was saved when I created the account because it has “password” and “password_confirm” but also “isiwebuserid”. The new entry has “isiwebuserid” and “isiwebpasswd”. So the username field seems to be correctly saved. Why doesn’t the browser extension try to fill this field at least? The extension seems to just use the first two stored fields (in the order they are shown in the 1Password app). Is this the intended behaviour?

There are two things that surprise me:
    1. Updating the entry only updates username/password and not the form details. However, I can see how other users wouldn’t want that because they modified some stuff and don’t want to auto update it.
    2. The extension does not fill in the fields that are known with certainty but following a seemingly arbitrary created order that is not helpful.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @bugybunny,

The update existing option is aimed at change password forms where what the user will want is only for the password field to be updated, leaving everything else as it is. We do see requests to replace the contents of the web form details and it is something we're considering if we can reach the point where we feel comfortable the UI (User Interface) won't lead to unintended mistakes - there are a number of scenarios where replacing the web form details could result in the loss of important information.

I would love to have delved into the site to try and figure out why things went the way they did but it seems the only way to reach the later stages of the registration process require having an actual account and I suspect being based in the UK means I'm not even the target country for their services. At least saving a Login item on the sign-in page seems to have resolved the odd behaviour, please do correct me if this is not the case.

This discussion has been closed.