To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password 7 standalone iCloud sync

aonz
aonz
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Memberships

Hi,

I have been using 1Password 6 standalone version on may Mac (purchased from App Store) with iCloud sync. Now I am considering to purchase 1Password 7 standalone version which is mentioned to be available at $39.99 now.

If I remember correctly, iCloud sync only works when purchasing from App Store and not when purchasing from your Web Store. So I am not sure if it is still the case. What would happen if I upgrade to 1Password 7 standalone version? Can I still using iCloud sync?

Thank you,

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @aonz,

1Password 7 for Mac is currently in beta. If you’re interested in helping us beta test please see this blog post:

The 1Password 7 Beta for Mac Is Lit and You Can Be, Too - AgileBits Blog

If I remember correctly, iCloud sync only works when purchasing from App Store and not when purchasing from your Web Store. So I am not sure if it is still the case. What would happen if I upgrade to 1Password 7 standalone version? Can I still using iCloud sync?

Apple no longer imposes that limitation. Modern versions of 1Password for Mac can sync with iCloud regardless of where you download it from.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.