Chrome extension interrupting when it shouldn't

Options

Hello. I use a banking website in Brazil that has a "virtual keyboard" for entering passwords (this is common in Brazil). The 1Password extension for Chrome (Mac) has always had trouble with these sites, and I'm currently dealing with the worst "confusion" to date. I should mention that this isn't the main password to log into the site (1Password handles that fine), but rather a secondary security measure where you have to enter your ATM security code via this virtual keyboard (after the initial login) So, here's the behavior that's happening:

After entering the first two numbers of the code via the virtual keyboard the 1Password extension dialog box appears asking me if I want to save/update the password. The problem is, there are still 4 more digits I have to enter. So, I have to cancel the dialog box after each of the additional 4 digits I enter ... and then again after I've finished and click "enter" to advance into my account.

I hope this made sense. I've attached 2 screenshots to give an idea of what I'm talking about. Is there any way to prevent this from occurring? Or even better yet, some way to save this additional code into 1Password so that I don't have to deal with the virtual keyboard?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sdfnyc,

So the issue is 1Password is mistaking these virtual keys as the page submitting a form and once the password field contains sufficient characters we interpret it as a potential form worth saving.

Would you feel comfortable supplying the URL for their publicly accessible sign-in page in our public support forums? I would like to see if I can reach the password portion of the sign-in form and whether there is anything we can learn.

As a workaround, adding the site as an exception to autosave should silence the prompts. You can do this by clicking on the cog icon in the lower left hand corner of the save login dialog and selecting the (only) menu option Never Autosave for this Site.

• sdfnyc
    sdfnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply littlebobby. Wish I had known it was that easy. I did what you said and it worked. Here's the URL for the bank, as requested .... https://www.itau.com.br/

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sdfnyc,

Things can often seem easy once you know, it's whether the discovery is obvious or not and we need to do better here. I'm glad it helped though and thank you for the URL. I'll have to see if there's anything we can do based on how they've created the page.

• sdfnyc
    sdfnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good, thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

This discussion has been closed.