Can't register 1PW6 on my iPhone. Need to Talk with a Tech. Screen share better.

Options
drchili
drchili
Community Member

Can't register 1PW6 on my iPhone. Need to Talk with a Tech. Screen share better. Confused about Secret Key, Secret Code, License is or is not 1Password for Mac?
Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
License: Click here to Apply Your 1Password License
Thank You!
Your copy of 1Password should now be registered. If this did not happen automatically you can Click Here to Apply Your License.
I just want to use my purchase on my Mac and my iPhone. Thanks

1Password Version: 678
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:Can't register 1PW6 on my iPhone. Need to Talk with a Tech. Screen share better.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@drchili - sorry for the trouble you're having just now. We don't actually offer telephone/screen-share or "live chat" options for setting up 1Password, but I'm happy to help you right here, if that's OK. Please make sure not to post any personally-identifying information in this public forum.

1Password for iOS doesn't require that you register it. The app itself is a free download from the App Store, and the basic features are free for everyone to use, indefinitely. You can purchase the Pro features as an in-app purchase for $9.99, if you want those, and they're great -- but they're not necessary to be able to use the basics.

If you're having other difficulties, can you tell us a bit more specifically what's not working for you?

ref: XAL-29629-339

• drchili
    drchili
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks for responding. I have been using 1Password since 1Password 3 for Mac Single License Name: chili Robinson MD
    ~~~Key: 1PW3-WB4-*****.
    Now I am using Version 6.1 (610005) . ~~ Key: 1PW3-2E8B etc. It is working on my Mac, but I can't get it to work on my iPhone 7.

To log in from the browser(https://my.1password.com/signin/), I need the Secret Key and I am not going to post my Master Password.
    I think you can help by looking up my Key: serial number removed by agilebits. installed Jan 28 2010, and giving me the account details needed to open the 1Password 6 on my iPhone.
    I vaguely remember something about another number or something besides the Master Password, an emergency something (?kit?)

Maybe I am missing something, it seems like the instructions are moving me towards a new account which costs $9.99 and requires a monthly payment. With that I can merge my old account and migrate the old data (including 200+ passwords).

After we get this working on my iPhone, maybe you can help me use your app correctly. It used to work with a simple double click on an item, it would go to the automatically saved sign-in site, then insert the username and password. Voilá, I was on the opened site. I loved it.
    email addresses removed by agilebits

thanks . Chili

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drchili

Now I am using Version 6.1 (610005) . ~~ Key: 1PW3-2E8B etc. It is working on my Mac, but I can't get it to work on my iPhone 7.

Right. That's because you do not need (and cannot use) a license for 1Password for Mac to authorize/license 1Password for iOS.

Also, can I ask: why are you using a version of 1Password for Mac that was released in March of 2016, over two years ago? If your Mac can run version 6, it can run the latest version. You're free to do what suits you best, of course, but as a security company we can't do anything besides recommend that you use the most-recent version. Many upgrades and improvements - some responses to security-related events that have occurred in the greater world (not to 1Password itself) - have been addressed in the updates that have taken place in the last two years. You can visit our downloads page and get a copy of the installer for our most-recent version (6.8.8), and install it to enjoy the benefits.

I see you've also written in to our email support team asking the same questions. At this point, to get a better idea of what's going on with your 1Password setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#XAL-29629-339]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @drchili only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: XAL-29629-339

This discussion has been closed.