Hi. I have a licensed copy of password from pre mac store days. I can't sync.

chrishoper
chrishoper
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Mac

I have a non account installation from 2014 and this has been fine with the license saved on dropbox. But i see its not syncing across devices and i wish to add it to a new mac (install/download the app etc ) but can't seem to find the primary vault. In preferences the primary vault says sync with / none.. last synced a year ago. If i try to change this is to drop box won't let me and says .. disabling sync. 1password will no longer sync with the folder. and delete data checkbox and two buttons cancel or disable sync.
To reset do i disable sync and set again? The password app is backing up .. but i can't find where. will doing this delete my data? Will my backups overwrite this? Am confused as to the best course of action to have my 2 laptops and new imac all sync via dropbox. One mac's passwords seem more up to date. How can this be ? Kindest regards Chris

1Password Version: 6.88
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't sync vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @chrishoper!

...this has been fine with the license saved on dropbox.

It's up to you, of course, but I wouldn't recommend saving your license key anywhere but your own computer.

If 1Password Preferences > Sync shows a vault (any vault) is set to sync with "none," then there's nothing to "turn off" because it's already not syncing. Backups can be found in Preferences > Backups -- if you want to see the actual location in your library folder, just click on "Show Files" and 1Password will open the folder for you. You can click "Backup Now" to make a backup of the exact state of your data as it exists currently, then make changes to your sync option(s) if you wish to, knowing that if things go wrong, you can always restore to the current state.

We've actually got a great, step-by-step guide for troubleshooting Dropbox sync, so I'd start there. If you're looking for a more-reliable method of sync, I'd recommend looking into a 1password.com membership. Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.