Somehow my msater password changed, but I didn't change it. I have the exact password and my code

Options
jorge_p
jorge_p
Community Member

My master password has been changed and I didn't change it. I keep getting told that the password is incorrect. I have sent an email to agilebits support but after several hours I have not received a reply. I'm not sure what has happened but if somehow somebody has gotten into my account, it would be nice to be able to shut it down.

I have my password and my secret key in my printed emergency kit, so I know I am not mistyping it. I do have access to the iPhone app but all the instructions to reset my account from there appear to be out of date, because I am not seeing the things described.

Can somebody please (other than the Agile bot) let me know that this message has at least been received by a person?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Somehow my msater password changed, but I didn't change it. I have the exact password and my code

Comments

• wwong24
    wwong24
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

I am having the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ref: MMQ-57481-368

• jorge_p
    jorge_p
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Yeah, I've been looking through the forums with official answers from AgileBits. It looks like there is no solution. They can't change your password or send you a reset, because that isn't secure. Which I get.

I just don't understand how my password changed, if I didn't change it. There isn't a log of location information for recent logins to your account? I'm hopping that this is probably a bug but I'm not sure if there is a way to verify that. Did your master password change without you changing it too?

Right now, I am manually changing all of my most sensitive passwords and hopefully I can close this account/vault out. Otherwise I will be manually reseting a lot more passwords.

What's confusing, is if my account was somehow compromised (with this system) there doesn't seem to be any quick way of locking or shutting down your vaults. At least the instructions I found to do it in iOs with my finger print don''t seem to reflect the the current organization of the app.

At this point, I'm not worried about getting back in, I would be happy with just being able wipe the whole thing. To have the vaults gone from the server and inaccessible would be nice. Thank goodness I never put my passport or ss# in my vault, otherwise life would really suck right now. I've had this product less than two months, I love the way works but if this is the way customer problems are dealt with I will not be renewing/canceling my account.

ref: YHW-83486-162

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wwong24 - I'm sorry for the trouble! However, it looks as if you've asked this exact same question at our email support address as well, and one of my colleagues is already assisting you. Let's keep the conversation going over there, if you don't mind. When you ask the same question in multiple support channels, it means we have to coordinate responses among multiple people here, and slows down the support times for everyone, including you. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jorge_p! I'm sorry for the difficulties. And yes, we never have your Master Password in any form, so we can't reset it for you. However, your Master Password does not ever change on its own. Because of the nature of encryption, it cannot be changed unless you possess the existing Master Password. That means either you or someone else who knows your Master Password has changed it OR (far more likely) something more simple is amiss here. I see you've also asked this question of our email support staff as well -- please see my reply above to wwong24 regarding this. Let's keep the conversation going via email; one of us will be with you shortly. Thanks!

ref: YHW-83486-162

This discussion has been closed.