1Password not filling in for Neat Receipts and Asking for and Updating some Passwords

Options

Hi Neat Receipts....I need help with two problems.
1. 1Password does not work for the Neat Receipts Application when it is opened and takes up almost the entire screen. Also, the 1Password extension, even when it is opened, when Neat Receipts is opened, does not populate the Login or Password fields. Please advise how to fix this.
2. 1Password does not often ask to save new passwords or update them. What gives?
3. I really prefer using Apple Keychain as I don't have to use another Browser.

Please advise how to fix all of these problems. I realize I'll have to stick with your browser, but answers to issues 1 and 2 would be helpful. Thanks. Steve Lasner

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slasner857,

After reading your post I have the feeling you've written to Neat Receipts and then copied it over here to our public support forum so we are aware as well. As I don't know Neat Receipts though I'm unable to state anything from personal experience. What follows is based on particular words you've used so if I've misunderstood please correct me - the more detail you can provide the better.

You referred to their application. If they have built and supplied a native application then 1Password cannot interact directly with it. 1Password interacts with browsers by way of our extension and it is the extension that allows 1Password to see the page and to complete any filling instructions supplied by 1Password. Between the reference to their application and statements such as sticking with their browser it does sound like you're having to run a completely separate application and the best you can hope for would be copy and paste from 1Password. It would also mean there would be no prompts to update passwords as that too relies on the extension to notify 1Password that a potential password change is happening.

The one exception to all of the above is potentially on iOS. Apple provided an extension framework that allows one iOS app to support an extension provided by another iOS app. A lot of apps support 1Password and examples of supporting iOS apps can be seen on our page Apps ❤ 1Password. In the case of iOS it is up to each developer to add support for our extension. There isn't the equivalent on Mac or Windows though so there we only support certain browsers.

This discussion has been closed.