Request: Changes to tags should leave "last modified" field unchanged

mike1pass
mike1pass
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi AgileBits team, I find the last modified field to be very useful, informing me at a glance when I last made a change to login contents.

Unfortunately, the act of assigning or removing tags also changes the last modified date/time, which to me is unexpected since it's not so much a genuine change of content. By allowing tag changes to alter last modified, its usefulness as a quick "last change of content" indicator is lost.

Since 1P 7 is currently in beta, and you're doing substantial changes on tags (love this), I thought I'd re-request this for the new version. Or at the very least, please consider a toggle in Preferences along the lines of "tags will update last modified date/time" and default it to enabled. I feel this small concession would make such a big difference to a fair chunk of your user base that both use "last modified" and love tags for organisation.

In summary, I feel tags are very much pseudo-folders / dynamic item organisers / metadata, are in fact used this way in many software contexts (e.g., Gmail, Finder, Xero), and their assignment and removal should not be thought of as modification of content.

Thanks team.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-8 (70000008)
Extension Version: 7.0.BETA-8
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• Hmm. Thanks for bringing up this point, @mike1pass. I could personally see either side of this argument. I will pass the suggestion along, though.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.