We bought 1Password a few years ago and update it regularly. We now have two problems.

Options
slambros3
slambros3
Community Member

Adding new info to one device doesn't cross over to the other devices.
And I just bought a new MacBook Air and after migrating the data from the old MacBook, 1Password is now asking for a "key" and asking about membership. We've never had to pay for a membership before. Is this something new, and if I go through the process will all my 1Password data be migrated to the new computer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:We bought 1password a few years ago and update it regularly. We now have two problems:

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @slambros3

I'm sorry to hear you're starting to have troubles.

Adding new info to one device doesn't cross over to the other devices.

What service are you using to sync the devices?

And I just bought a new MacBook Air and after migrating the data from the old MacBook, 1Password is now asking for a "key" and asking about membership. We've never had to pay for a membership before. Is this something new, and if I go through the process will all my 1Password data be migrated to the new computer?

A membership is the best way to use 1Password. It includes access to all of the latest versions of 1Password for all of your devices as well as seamless sync and a host of other benefits. You can read about the benefits here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you think you might like to move to a membership migration instructions can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

That said, that should not be necessary to get this working, and we'd be happy to help you use 1Password "standalone" (without a membership). In that case please let me know what sync service you are using, what versions of 1Password you have installed, and what operating system version is installed on each device.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.