Master password not working

commonloon99
commonloon99
Community Member

Hi there it's been a couple of months since I logged in, and now my master password isn't working on either my iphone or my Mac. I have tried many times and done the suggestions on your support page but it still doesn't let me log in. I was using a slightly older version (6.8.6) and updated it this evening to 6.8.8 to see if that helped, which it didn't. I am 100% certain of the elements of my password, and have as a last resort tried the only possible variation it could be (reversing the middle two words) which also didn't work. I don't think I'm going crazy. I haven't changed my master password ever (I only joined in January) and I don't know what is going on. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @commonloon99,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the trouble. There is no other way into 1Password other than by entering the correct Master Password. If you are using a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families membership it may be possible to have an administrator on the membership put your account through recovery. Details regarding that process are here:

Recover accounts for family or team members

Beyond that the only course of action would be to try other possible passwords that you may have used. If ultimately you determine you're going to be unable to log in we have a guide on starting over available here:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over - 1Password Support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.