Edge extension does not connect

kathampy
kathampy
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Nothing happens when clicking the 1Password icon in Edge. I am on the most recent Windows build released last week. There is no connection attempt to the 1Password app.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 17133.73
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kathampy: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Are you perhaps having this problem after waking up the PC, or relaunching Edge quickly after closing it? Unfortunately when Edge suspends the connection to 1Password it often does not restore the connection properly afterward. If you quit all 1Password and Edge processes though, it should work again after relaunching. Let me know what you find!

• JayKu
    JayKu
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. Windows 10, up to date. I am also up to date on 1pass desktop. 1pass is there in the pop down in edge but clicking is no response. IT works for a while and then stops. I don't know if that is related to sleep or not as indicated on another post. Only solutions are to uninstall and re-install the extension, restart or I just found, from another post on this topic, if I kill all the 1-pass tasks in task manager. I have seen more than 1post on this topic. One said it was a specific bank of America website but not the case for me.

I have uploaded a logfile after the last time it did not pop up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JayKu: It sounds like you may have some out of date software, as the issue described in this discussion was resolved in Windows updates long ago. Make sure you complete all Windows, Store (for the Edge extension), and 1Password updates.

This discussion has been closed.