1Password 7 Account Login Page Should Not Be Full Screen

Hello,

In 1Password 7, the account login view is full screen. This poses a problem in the world of local vaults because my account key and master password are both inaccessible when entering them into the account login page. I can only copy/paste one of them.

If I back out of the account login page, the fields are wiped. The only solution for me is to use my phone for one of the two values: account key or master password.

It would be nice to be able to either back out of the page without losing the values I've entered, or to be able to access my local vault logins when logging into my 1Password account.

Thanks,
Greg

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox and 1Password Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

In 1Password 7, the account login view is full screen. This poses a problem in the world of local vaults because my account key and master password are both inaccessible when entering them into the account login page. I can only copy/paste one of them.

@Ancillas: it probably isn't something you're going to need to do often, and most people will be doing this without anything in the app that they need to access, but we'll see if we can make it more flexible if we redesign sign in in the future.

If I back out of the account login page, the fields are wiped. The only solution for me is to use my phone for one of the two values: account key or master password.

Alternatively, you could use the Setup Code and account credentials on 1Password.com in your browser.

It would be nice to be able to either back out of the page without losing the values I've entered, or to be able to access my local vault logins when logging into my 1Password account.

I agree. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

• @Ancillas sorry for the late reply, there are couple of tricks you can use:

1. Ctrl+Alt+\ opens 1Password mini, where you can find values for your account.
    2. Right click on item and if it has URL, email, secret key - you will see command to sign in to that account. It will open sign in page and fill values for you.
This discussion has been closed.