Have an old version of 1Password, and I can't access my data

edleitao
edleitao
Community Member

I just upgrade my iPhone to OS11 and I can no longer access my old version of 1Password. How can I retrieve my old data fro the old version of 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have an old version of 1Password, and I just upgraded my iphone to OS 11. How can I access my data

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @edleitao! You didn't provide us any information about what version of 1Password you were running previously, but if you can't open the app at all any longer, then that sounds as if you were using 1Password 3 for iOS. Please see this post to see if there's anything we may be able to do for you, then let us know.

• edleitao
    edleitao
    Community Member

Hi Lars,

I did all the steps and at the end of “Step O” I got the following message:

Invalid File – The file you are trying to import is not in a format 1Password can understand.

I’m not sure what to do next, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed Leitao

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@edleitao - sorry to hear that, but can you clarify for me? What do you mean by "Step O"? Unless you're looking at different instructions than I am, there is no "Step O." What link/instructions are you looking at?

• edleitao
    edleitao
    Community Member

Hi Lars,

I followed Ben post for "Recover 1Password 3 Data From iTunes Backup (Windows)" the introduction to the instructions says: "There are 15 steps below (A through O) and some include sub-steps. Read through the steps at least once before following them. Complete all the steps in one sitting to maintain continuity."

Step O is the very last step. I tried my Master Password many times and then I got the invalid file message. I don't know which version I have of 1Password. I remember I bought it in late 2011 or beginning of 2012. I never updated it, but I remember getting an error message every time I went from a detail information I have about a login back to the main menu. The application kicked me out and it would ask if I wanted to send a report. I always did.

Is there a way now to tell which version I have?

Also, was there guidelines for creating a master password in the past (For instance: minimal characters, lower case, uppercase, numeric characters, special characters) That would help me remember what was my master password. I already tried all the ones I would have done in a normal situation. I'm wondering if something was asked from me that I don't remember now.

Thanks,
    Ed Leitao

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@edleitao: There were no guidelines for Master Password. Only you could possibly know what it would be. It turns out I replied to you via email when you contacted us there separately a few days ago, so please reply to me there when you get a chance. Thanks. :)

ref: KFY-56374-488

This discussion has been closed.