Do I need a second account for working with an agency?

codeknight
codeknight
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Business and Teams

I've been using 1Password for years, and I've just got approval for a company I work with to set up Teams for their organisation. Context; I'm a freelancer and I'm consulting for a design agency - I have access to practically all of their servers and online accounts. I've got my own 1Password account, but I'll also be migrating all the logins I currently have for their websites to their Team account so everyone else can access them too.

I think the right question to ask is, "Can I use my existing 1Password account to work with a different organisation's shared Team vault, or do I need to create a second account to do that?"

Second question: Will all of their Team accounts be billed to a single card as new members are added and deleted? Or do you have to pay for each team account separately? They've got about 10 people, and all the billing will need to go through their finance department. Preferably all at once.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows / iOS
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@codeknight: Thanks for getting in touch! Great questions.

I think the right question to ask is, "Can I use my existing 1Password account to work with a different organisation's shared Team vault, or do I need to create a second account to do that?"

You don't have to in the strictest sense, but that's the only way you'll be able to securely share with people there, and I think that's what you're ultimately trying to do. Secure sharing is enforced cryptographically, so you all need to have accounts under the same team/business plan to be able to share vaults through that.

Second question: Will all of their Team accounts be billed to a single card as new members are added and deleted? Or do you have to pay for each team account separately? They've got about 10 people, and all the billing will need to go through their finance department. Preferably all at once.

All billing is managed (and paid) through the team owner. So they'd be billed for the full amount for all users once the trial is up, and thereafter each billing period, with a prorated charge in between when more users are added.

I hope this helps. Be sure to reach out via email at business@1password.com for help getting everything setup. :)

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

That's great, thanks brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.