I installed 1Password a few year ago, created passwords and promptly forgot it.

Options
johncshan
johncshan
Community Member

I was recently hacked and want to change all my passwords, but I logged in and everything is ancient. I have not been paying any monthly fees so I don't know if I bought this outright or if my useage has expired. What do you need to know to look me up?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 688001?
OS Version: OSx10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:what do I have?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @johncshan

If you aren’t using a membership and do not know your Master Password the only recourse is to start over:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

If the data in 1Password is stale that may be a good idea anyway. :)

Ben

• johncshan
    johncshan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, but I do have my master password and logged in. But I just don't know if this program is active and several of the passwords are now incorrect as I have had to change them for various reasons and I just wrote the new passwords down. I thought MAYBE a few years ago you had the option of buying the software outright and not paying monthly. If not, and I need to restart, do I go back in and try and reactivate within my current page, or just deleate the whole thing and start my subscribing to a new version and paying monthly?

• Ben
    Options

Ah, I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. Membership is definitely going to provide the best experience in using 1Password, but if you have a license you can continue to use it. You can read about the benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you’d like to migrate your data to a membership information on that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you just want to pick up where you left off it doesn’t sound as though any further action would be required at this point. If you’d like to confirm what you’ve purchased we can certainly do that for you, but we can’t do it here in the forum (as all content here is public). Please send us an email to sales@1password.com with whatever details regarding your purchase you might have and we’ll be happy to help.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.