3rd party app integrations (Alfred, LaunchBar, etc) [3rd party apps will need to update]

mikeormerod
mikeormerod
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

It looks like the data folder is different from v6 and so it breaks the Alfred integration. Any idea what the location of the data folder is so I can manually enter it for Alfred?

1Password Version: 7 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mikeormerod ,

It should be in the same place if you were running 1Password 6 downloaded from our web site.

That location is: ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password/

If you used to run version 6 from the Mac App Store, your data would have been in:
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password

Try clearing out that folder if it is there. Then go into 1Password's Advanced Preferences, and Toggle the 3rd Party Integration off an on again. You might also need to give Alfred a restart so it looks in the right place.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

I don't use the App Store version. I deleted the data from ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password/. Toggled the 3rd Party option, restarted Alfred and still the same error.

• Hi @mikeormerod ,

Are the data files in that directory? If so, then you may need to contact Alfred support. It is not seeing them, but unfortunately, we are not able to tell why.

If the files are not written to that directory, and you've toggled the 3rd Party Integration preference off and on again, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

@ag_kevin

Yes there are folders in the directory. I'll ping the Alfred guys

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

Look in the ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password

• Let us know how you make out @mikeormerod

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

I have a similar problem. The data files are there but no integration. A restart did not help.

@mikeormerod, kindly let us know how you go with Alfred.

• If the correct files are there but Alfred is not picking them up they may require an update on their end.

Ben

• VeroPepperrell
    VeroPepperrell
    Community Member

Hi all, Vero from Alfred here :)

We've now put out a pre-release of Alfred 3.6.1, which should work with for the new 1Password 7 beta. Alfred has been updated to recognise the "com.agilebits.onepassword7" bundle ID as a valid install of 1Password.

To grab an Alfred pre-release, launch the preferences to the Update tab, select "pre-releases" from the dropdown menu at the bottom, and download the latest update. (You can then revert to "updates" if you prefer not to get regular pre-releases).

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers,
    Vero

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Just to confirm I updated to the Alfred pre-release and 1P 7 works as expected. Many Thanks @VeroPepperrell

• Thanks @VeroPepperrell! And thanks for the update @mikeormerod. :)

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

@VeroPepperrell, thanks for the speedy update.

• hoium04
    hoium04
    Community Member

Thanks @VeroPepperrell 8-)

Jonathan

• 🙌 👏

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

Hi everybody,
    autofill with Alfred 3.6.1 pre release and 1P V 7 beta doesn't work for me ;(
    Fritz

• @1puburap What browser are you using? I'll try it out on my end. :)

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

Safari 11.1

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob,

Yep, same issue here but I only have this with Safari NOT Firefox or Chrome.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Just be aware that open and fill is not yet supported by the new Safari extension: see here, for example, for a comment from the horse's mouth. :)

Stephen

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Stephen_C,

Thanks for that.

• :+1: :)

Ben

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

Hi,
    do you know when "open and fill" will be supported again?
    Fritz

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Open and fill in Safari is initially supported in beta 8: see the release notes here.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stephen_C: Thanks! :)

@1puburap: Definitely update and give it a try. Glad to hear any feedback. :)

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

Hi @brenty: Sorry, open and fill doesn't work with Alfred from alfredapp.
    Fritz

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

... and does not work from within 1P (7.0.BETA-8)
    Fritz

• @1puburap What version of Alfred do you have installed?

Ben

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

3.6.1 Build 910

• Hi @1puburap ,

When you open a login from Alfred, have a look at the url it opens. You should see two parameters:
    onepasswdfill=<longrandomlookingid> and onepasswdvault=<longrandomlookingid> - if you don't see both, it won't fill in 1Password 7. Let us know if both are there, or if only one (or none) are there.

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.