I cannot get 1 password 6 to launch

Cesarg
Cesarg
Community Member

It tells me that it failed to connect to 1 password mini.

The browser then states:

Looking for the 1Password app

The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly.

The app is in the applications folder. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the browser extension. I cannot get it to work.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @Cesarg

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please answer these questions for me?

1. Is this a fresh installation, or have you used 1Password before?
    2. If you’ve used 1Password before what changed between the last time you were able to sucessfully use it and now?
    3. What happens if you open 1Password from the Applications folder? Does it appear to operate properly?

Please let us know.

Ben

• Cesarg
    Cesarg
    Community Member

I've been using 1 password for years and this version for many months.

To the best of my recollection, things went wrong when I upgraded something w OSX. It might have been a safari upgrade.

It does not work when I launch from the applications folder. It gives me the same message.

(I received an alert a a number of months ago that I had another 1 password copy on my hard drive. It showed up in a one password dialogue box. I closed it, and I could not get it to show up again. I've searched my hard drive and only can find one copy - the one in my Applications folder. 1password worked after this occurrence).

• Hi @Cesarg

Thanks for the information. At this point I’d like to ask you to generate a diagnostic report from your Mac so we can get a look ‘under the hood.’ Instructions can be found here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/425419/#Comment_425419
    • Your forum username: Cesarg

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Cesarg
    Cesarg
    Community Member

Email sent....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that Andrew was able to help you via email to get a fresh copy of 1Password installed. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: FTX-93161-224

This discussion has been closed.