The changes I made to a secure note today were not saved, how do I recover those changes?

wespecial
wespecial
Community Member

I made changes and saved the note but the changes were not saved. I cannot find another copy in the trash and old version is appearing on both iphone and imac apps.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Secure note changes weren't save

Comments

• wespecial
    wespecial
    Community Member

Appears I might be using iCloud sync and not dropbox

• Hi @wespecial,

Did the changes ever appear? Or did the item always appear in unedited state?

Ben

• wespecial
    wespecial
    Community Member

Hi @Ben the changes did appear and I can see in the logs that the changes were being saved

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Is there anything else we can help you with? You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since that includes automatic offsite backup and item history. It also gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Anyway, we're here if you need us. :)

• wespecial
    wespecial
    Community Member

@brenty I still haven't resolved the issue as I don't know how to recover the older versions. Can someone help with that?

• wespecial
    wespecial
    Community Member

the daily backups won't help in this situation... but I did see the logs that the secure note was being saved as I was working on it.

• @wespecial,

Full item history is only available in 1Password.com vaults. All standalone vaults (ones synced via iCloud/Dropbox) have in this regard is backups. That said I’m a bit curious as to what logs you are seeing... Would you be able to email us those logs to support+forum@agilebits.com? If you can & do you’ll get a support ID back from BitBot. Please post that ID here.

Ben

• wespecial
    wespecial
    Community Member

@Ben HUT-58716-566 the logs are from Help>Troubleshooting>Show Application Log

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wespecial: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the logs and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: HUT-58716-566

This discussion has been closed.