1PW7 multi-lingual IME indicator does not display EN in vault password field

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I really like the addition of the language IME indicator in the vault password field. I have 4 IMEs configured on my PC (EN / JP / CH Traditional / CH Simplified) and I am seeing language indicators for JP / CH Traditional / CH Simplified, but not English. My IME is always set to the wrong language, having the EN displayed there from the start would be actually really helpful. Did not know I wanted this feature until I saw this language display this new version.

Putting a non-native English speaker hat on for a moment, if I change the 1PW7 language to JP, I still don't see EN in the vault password field.

If technically possible of course!

Not sure if 1PW is basing a decision on the language input from OS configuration. My PC's OS config details as follows: location setting is United States, language for non-unicode programs is English, Windows display langugage English.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.0.539 Windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @Superfandominatrix sorry about that confusion here, we started to show indicator only when current language is not first the in list of installed languages.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile That explanation makes complete sense. My suggested logic if technically possible, for users with more than 2 IME configured, is to show the language for all IMEs. If only 1 IME, display nothing. The Windows transitions between IMEs is not smooth like OSX's. I constantly find myself accidentally in the wrong language without realizing it. That additional visual clue right in the vault password field input box is really helpful because I don't need to glance down to the screen corner to figure out what's going wrong with vault password input.

This is a nice to have, not even a bug/issue. And no confusion here! A really nice touch for the multi-language user base.

• Being multi-lingual user myself I can't agree more - it's much easier to spot language inside the box rather than at the distant corner of your screen. I'll bring your feedback with our designers, thanks for helping us make 1Password better!

This discussion has been closed.