Keyboard shortcut and autofill have stopped working

Options
MaryGrace372
MaryGrace372
Community Member

I recently uninstalled MacKeeper from my Mac. Since then, my 1Password keyboard shortcut and the autofill function have stopped working.

Also, I did not have the Safari browser extention installed previously, and the 1Password troubleshooting pages keep instructing me to install it. I've downloaded the extention from your website - then I'm told to enable Extentions in Safari but I cannot get to the Develop menu in order to do that.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MaryGrace372: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you didn't have the 1Password extension installed in your browser previously, you were never using 1Password there in the first place. 1Password also does not "autofill"; it only fills information when you tell it do. Browsers, however, do have an autofill feature, so I suspect that's what you were using. I can't tell you why that would be broken or how to fix it, and generally we recommend against using it at all) because it is insecure and can lead to confusion like this. For example, are you certain you have the login credentials saved in 1Password in the first place? If not, 1Password will not be able to fill them no matter what. But if you do, you'll need to install the extension. I'm just not sure what you mean here:

I'm told to enable Extentions in Safari but I cannot get to the Develop menu in order to do that.

Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.