Release 1.5 published to Chrome Web Store

Options

1Password X is now faster, stronger, and smarter than ever! Our biggest update since our initial release, this update is packed full of awesome and we're incredibly excited to share it with you.

Version 1.5 is working its way through the Chrome Web Store update process now and should be available for everyone in about an hour from now. Chrome will install this update for you automatically. Once it does, please let us know how it goes.

Here's the full changelog for your enjoyment:

[NEW] 1Password X now stores your account data in an offline cache.
[NEW] 1Password X can be used when offline or when 1Password.com is undergoing maintenance.
[NEW] Now tracking item usage for 1Password Teams Pro customers.
[IMPROVED] Greatly improved unlock time. On our local development machines we've seen improvements upwards of 30 times faster. Accounts with more items will see even greater improvements.
[IMPROVED] Greatly reduced the amount of time required to show the item details page.
[IMPROVED] Save Login is now much more accurate on sites with multiple iframes. I.e. RBC Royal Bank.
[IMPROVED] Optimized performance when filling items, especially on websites that have hundreds of fields.
[IMPROVED] Now showing an error message if save login fails to upload the item to the server.
[IMPROVED] Greatly improved Credit Card and Identity filling on many websites.
[IMPROVED] When filling a login we now use the active field as an additional clue to help guide our decision making process.
[IMPROVED] The inline menu is snappier and more responsive.
[FIXED] Fixed a bug where revealing a password would then show all passwords by default.
[FIXED] Fixed issue that would prevent Travel Mode from working when no vaults were safe for travel.
[FIXED] Fixed a display error where items with the same UUID would confuse the popup window into showing item lists incorrectly.
[FIXED] Updated logging to properly log when certain network errors occur.

This release wouldn't have been possible without all your continued support and feedback. Please keep it coming!

Thank you! <3

Comments

• mjw47
    mjw47
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

This looks awesome! I've added X to Chrome and am using it. I've so found 2 issues in Chrome on macOS: 1) Notes seem to run off, here's a screenshot of what I mean. 2) 1-time passwords don't seem to work for me when logging in like they did with the last extension; they're not auto-copying.

Thanks and I look forward to more!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This looks awesome! I've added X to Chrome and am using it.

@mjw47: Thanks for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying it. :chuffed:

I've so found 2 issues in Chrome on macOS: 1) Notes seem to run off, here's a screenshot of what I mean.

Oh, I see... Notes with long single lines without spaces wrap really badly. Thanks for reporting this!

2) 1-time passwords don't seem to work for me when logging in like they did with the last extension; they're not auto-copying.

Sorry for the confusion there! 1Password X works a bit differently since it doesn't run in the OS but right within the browser. Rather than copying and pasting, you can fill a TOTP code by selecting Fill in the login from the 1Password X menu. I hope this helps!

Thanks and I look forward to more!

Likewise, thank you for your feedback! :)

ref: b5x-286

• LogicSabre
    LogicSabre
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the confusion there! 1Password X works a bit differently since it doesn't run in the OS but right within the browser.

The clipboard is accessible via regular JavaScript, so I'd imagine it's even more easily accessible in a browser extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@LogicSabre: Yup! But we don't have integration with the OS for security features the way we do with the native apps — or integration with said apps to use to facilitate that. As I mentioned above,

Rather than copying and pasting, you can fill a TOTP code by selecting Fill in the login from the 1Password X menu.

And we've got some other ideas as well. Cheers! :)

• LogicSabre
    LogicSabre
    Community Member
    Options

Yup! But we don't have integration with the OS for security features the way we do with the native apps — or integration with said apps to use to facilitate that. As I mentioned above,

Well, it's not because it's not accessible to you via the extension because you already have copy buttons all over the place that place things on the clipboard.

• Mitch
    edited April 2018
    Options

@LogicSabre,

You're right — we can copy some data to the clipboard. What we can't do is restore the previous contents of the clipboard, at least, not in a reliable way that would be secure and work across browsers. So it's dangerous to copy a TOTP code and permanently erase whatever was in there before without the user's consent.

• LogicSabre
    LogicSabre
    Community Member
    Options

I would gladly tick a box in settings that copied the TOTP to the keyboard, even if it meant it might sometimes obliterate something that was already on my keyboard.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your feedback @LogicSabre!

I completely understand where you're coming from and I think copying OTPs to the clipboard is decently efficient. The door isn't close to us adding that in the future but I also really want us to spend time on improving the filling of OTP fields in general. I'd be way happier to click on a Login Item, submit the form, and see my OTP automatically filled for me. Another benefit to this approach could be the possibility having that OTP automatically updated and seeing the time I have remaining in the field before it expires.

I can't make you a promise today, but I can say we will be making many improvements over the coming months. Thanks again for helping keep this issue fresh in our mind, we greatly value this and all feedback.

&drew

• LogicSabre
    LogicSabre
    Community Member
    Options

Obviously it'd be far superior as you describe with detection and special OTP behavior.

I'll continue to use the dickens out of 1Password X and your other offerings and provide feedback whenever I can.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Obviously it'd be far superior as you describe with detection and special OTP behavior.

Agreed! That's my dream and I want to get us there.

I'll continue to use the dickens out of 1Password X and your other offerings and provide feedback whenever I can.

Thanks – you rock! We wouldn't be here without passionate folks like yourself. 🤘😁👍

&drew

• rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member
    Options

On the issue of note wrapping, I also noticed that the notes are not holding formatting and are all squeezed together unless in edit mode. So if you have multiple lines in the notes, they just get concatenated together as one long string.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep, we've still got some work to do there, but I suspect there's some stuff brewing behind the scenes as we speak. ;)

This discussion has been closed.