Saving a new item in a folder and keep the position inside the current folder

saphirblanc
saphirblanc
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi.

I'm having a weird behavior.

Previously, with 1Password 6, when I created an item in a specific folder, I was kept in that folder. In this new version, it's not anymore the case and am redirected to the "All items" list which is absolutely not what I want.

Moreover, I'm unable to copy anything from notes as I could previously. I have to do a right click and then copy instead of just doing some CMD + C.

Thanks for your help.

Yann

1Password Version: 7b8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• Previously, with 1Password 6, when I created an item in a specific folder, I was kept in that folder. In this new version, it's not anymore the case and am redirected to the "All items" list which is absolutely not what I want.

I believe this was an intentional change, but I’ll check with development and see what the intention here is.

Moreover, I'm unable to copy anything from notes as I could previously. I have to do a right click and then copy instead of just doing some CMD + C.

Yep, we’re aware of this one and hope to have it fixed up before the stable release.

Thanks!

Ben

• Naveldrop
    Naveldrop
    Community Member

Concerning the save item issue, I've found some additional inconsistent behaviour. I was editing items in the Compromised Logins list. When I save an item using the Save button, I get directed to the Logins / All items list. However, when I move the focus to another item in the Compromised Logins list before saving, and then save the item using the "Do you want to save the changes you made?" dialog, I stay in the Compromised Logins list.
    Mark

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@Naveldrop Thanks for letting us know! That's a known issue and our devs are working on it.

ref: apple-1105

• fdoughty
    fdoughty
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

I have been recently (2019-12-31) editing tags (in 1Password7) and have a problem similar to the old problem listed above: When saving an edited item (login, note, etc.) the focus moves away from item and I get sent to a category list or full list.

It makes for slow going. Is there a setting I should use or a work-around?
    Thanks!

• Unfortunately, I do not know of any work around at this time.

This discussion has been closed.