Viewing previously used passwords

Sinister
Sinister
Community Member

So i tried to log in to my Microsoft account (by the way, the autofill prompt doesn't show up under the email field. It only shows up. On the second screen, which is the password acreen). Microsoft asked me to set a new password, as the current one has expired. I changed it in the app, and used it to fill in the new password field and the confirm new password field. But then I got stuck, because the previously used passwords are not shown on Android.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sinister: I'm sorry about that. Indeed, while you may be aware that we've made some changes to the item detail view in recent betas, password history is not available in 1Password for Android yet. You can access that information in the desktop app though. Regarding the original issue you encountered, can you tell me the URL involved?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah. Got it. We'll be adding that in the future. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@Sinister: I understand why you feel that way, and I appreciate that you're happy with this answer. I like giving answers that make people happy. That's just not always possible. I don't think it's reasonable to expect an affirmative response to every request. We cannot (and should not) do everything you or anyone else asks, and we have to prioritize things as best we can. I'm sorry that means we have to say "no" or "not now" sometimes, but I hope you'll understand that while we do give all customer requests the same consideration, there's a bigger picture we have to keep in mind. We simply cannot do everything we're asked to. :blush:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No. your current response is better (it will improve over time) vs the categorical we like it that way, even if it annoys the user and makes no sense. For details, see my other post.

@Sinister: Fair enough. I'm sorry that my earlier response sounded like "we like it that way". We just like data loss less than pretty much everything else. :lol:

p.s. MULTIPLE LOCAL VAULTS reminder ;)

Thank you. :lol: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.