1Password Desktop won't accept my correct password, but the Chrome plug-in does.

mariamfantastic
mariamfantastic
Community Member

I have attempted quitting and restarting, to no avail. I copy-pasted my password into both desktop and plug-in, the former said it was incorrect and the latter accepted the same password. Yesterday the desktop version was working fine, and now not at all. What should I do?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Desktop won't accept my correct password, which is working fine in the Chrome plug-in.

Comments

• Hi @mariamfantastic

Are you using a 1Password membership, or a standalone setup?

Please let us know.

Ben

• mariamfantastic
    mariamfantastic
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    It’s a memebership.
    Mariam

• Thanks. I suspect I know what the problem is here, but I’d like to confirm. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/89043
    • Your forum username: mariamfantastic

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.