To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Transfer account to new phone

Paul25
Paul25
Community Member

I got a new phone yesterday...android. I still have access to my old phone....android and can access 1password from there using the master password.
I have downloaded the app onto my new phone. I have accessed 1Password on the web to try and find secret key and setup code etc but there is nothing there. In fact when I logon online it says I am using a free trial!!?? I have paid for my account and transferring my details to my new phone should be straight forward...it isn't.
Can someone please point me in the right direction...thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Paul25: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device — such as your old phone.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Paul25
    Paul25
    Community Member

I've got a 1password account including the pro features I paid for!!
    When I log in the app/settings/1password account it just takes me to either a free trial of asks me for sign in address and secret key etc or to scan my code. I've never had any of these. what code, where is it?
    I've synced to Dropbox on my old device and checked Dropbox on my new device and laptop but nothing is there apart from the initial 1password files when I first set it up.
    Rather frustrated ...I've paid for a service, the service doesn't work.

• Paul25
    Paul25
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

I've tried to sync from Dropbox on my new phone but it tells me there is no vault to be found

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Paul25: If you're not subscribed to a 1Password.com membership, you're not paying for a service, and you don't have an account at all. That's why you won't have that information. That I can tell you for sure.

Unfortunately without some basic information you've omitted from your posts it's hard to say what else might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. . Thanks in advance! :)

• Paul25
    Paul25
    Community Member

I wasn't aware there was a difference between a 1Password membership and a 1Password account, as I have paid for the Pro features! I just presumed by paying that i would have everything I need.
    OS - android 7.0
    1Password 6.7.3
    Dropbox - 44.2.2
    Old phone - Samsung Galaxy 6
    new phone - Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge
    I am logging onto my 1Password account on my old phone and entering my master password. I then go to sync and ensure the Dropbox sync button in enabled.
    I then go to Dropbox/Apps/1Password and there is no recent updated vault from 1Password.
    So the issue i am having is how to transfer my 1Password details I currently have onto my new phone using Dropbox

Many Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I wasn't aware there was a difference between a 1Password membership and a 1Password account,

@Paul25: An account is what you get as part of a 1Password.com membership, if that helps. When you purchase the standalone app, there is no account involved at all, as there is no online service component; you're just using 1Password on your device.

as I have paid for the Pro features! I just presumed by paying that i would have everything I need.

You very well may. It really depends on your specific needs. If you only use 1Password on Android devices under a single Google Account and sync the data between them yourself, you're probably all set...

I am logging onto my 1Password account on my old phone and entering my master password. I then go to sync and ensure the Dropbox sync button in enabled. I then go to Dropbox/Apps/1Password and there is no recent updated vault from 1Password. So the issue i am having is how to transfer my 1Password details I currently have onto my new phone using Dropbox

I think the thing you're missing here is you're trying to do things on your old phone. Certainly it's good that you have that syncing with Dropbox already, but you'll need to setup the 1Password app on the new phone to use Dropbox, and select that same vault. Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.