Sync two 1password 7 vaults with standalone Android app

jsugarstuff
jsugarstuff
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

What I tired:

On MacOS 1password 7 app, I went to Preferences > Sync and merged my Primary vault to my Dropbox .opvault file. I then tried to do the same with my Secondary vault, butI got a warning that says:

"1Password detected that the data in the Secondary vault is different from the data you selected in Dropbox. Please review the information below before deciding to merge."

From there it offers me the option to enter my dropbox vault password and select either "Cancel" or "Unlock and Merge". However, pressing "Cancel" or "Unlock and Merge" made the button light up blue like it was pressed, but then nothing happened. I couldn't cancel, nor unlock and merge. Nor could I get out of this without Force Quitting 1password app.

So I tired going through again and this time I create a second .opvault in dropbox for syncing, however, the android app seems to only be able to sync one app?

How can I get all my data in 1password 7 synced with the standalone app?

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-9
Extension Version: 1Password for Android 6.7.3
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jsugarstuff: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Indeed, 1Password for Android has only ever supported a single local vault. You can, however, use multiple vaults there with a 1Password.com account, since all of that is handled by the server. Definitely don't merge two separate vaults unless you're sure you want all of their data to be combined.

• jsugarstuff
    jsugarstuff
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for the reply. Are there any plans to support multi local vaults in 1Password for Android?

I actually had all my passwords in one vault before 1P7 and then setup the second vault because 7's features made it easy and efficient for organizing my passwords better. However, I'll have to go back to one vault if 1P for Android won't be supporting the new features any time soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the reply. Are there any plans to support multi local vaults in 1Password for Android?

@jsugarstuff: Not currently, no.

I actually had all my passwords in one vault before 1P7 and then setup the second vault because 7's features made it easy and efficient for organizing my passwords better. However, I'll have to go back to one vault if 1P for Android won't be supporting the new features any time soon.

I'm sorry to say that I don't expect that will change anytime soon. Thank you for letting us know you'd like us to work on that in the future though.

• dcsobral
    dcsobral
    Community Member

All the way back in 2016 people were asking for multiple vault support on 1Password 6 for Android. Now we have a whole new version for Android, it still does not support multiple vaults, and there are no plans to support it? 1Password 7 for Android has started me looking for alternatives to 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1Password for Android has supported multiple vaults for some time now, using 1Password.com accounts. We don't have any plans to go back and rebuild how it works for local vaults. There are much more popular requests, and it isn't possible for us to fulfill all of them, so our focus is on the things that will help the most users.

This discussion has been closed.