Importing vault on standalone doesn't work

robdejonge
robdejonge
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Tried File -> Import -> 1Password 6 to import a vault I had stored on a backup drive somewhere. The "Import into" field was empty and not showing any options.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robdejonge: Thanks for getting in touch! Just to clarify, what is the vault format you're using, AgileKeychain or OPVault? Thanks in advance! :)

• robdejonge
    robdejonge
    Community Member

You mean for the vault I'm importing? This dialog box popped up even before I was able to select a file.
    Either way - how do I find out the format?

• Hi @robdejonge

Just to be clear on the purpose of this screen... it is there to import data into a 1Password membership account, which you must be signed into before accessing this screen. Is that what you’re trying to do? If not this screen is not going to be helpful for you. Please let us know what you’re trying to accomplish.

Ben

• robdejonge
    robdejonge
    Community Member

I don’t have an account, I bought the $40 standalone license. So if that screen is for accounts, then it shouldn’t be showing? :-)

• Hmm. I suppose there is some logic in that. I’ll pass the feedback along to the development team and see what they think. In any event, could you please let us know a little more about what you were trying to accomplish?

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robdejonge: If it helps, you can just double-click an OPVault or AgileKeychain vault to open it in 1Password. Much like opening a Keynote file in Keynote, there's no "import" process necessary when opening an existing vault in 1Password. Cheers! :)

• robdejonge
    robdejonge
    Community Member

I had no idea. Thanks @brenty!

@Ben : adding an archived vault to my 1Password. @brenty's suggestion worked though. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Gotcha! Thanks for the update. Glad that helped. We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.