1Password Mini Window: Allow Copy/Pasting from Notes Field

Options
jm.torres92
jm.torres92
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I’m actually not sure since I never tried copying from the notes field in prior version, but in the latest 1Password Mini (with the new Markdown notes) I can’t seem to copy/paste things that I’ve currently highlighted in the open item’s Notes field.

Example: I have a bunch of information for SSH’ing into a particular remote server, with a terminal command that I can run on that machine in the Notes field for the item in 1Password. It’d be awesome to be able to copy/paste that information from the item’s Notes field, but it doesn’t seem like that’s supported. If that’s intended; then this is a feature request.

Please let me know if you need any more clarification. Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.7.1.3
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• stillmoms
    stillmoms
    Community Member
    Options

Not to chime in with “you’re doing it wrong”, but I also use 1Password to store SSH connection strings and I’ve found it very useful to make these their own fields in an SSH section. That way you can navigate into the item via 1Password mini, and then arrow down to the item and hit enter to quickly copy it, rather than having to select a given line in the general Notes field.

That said, it should be possible copy and paste from Notes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jm.torres92, @stillmoms: I think I might be doing it wrong, as I'm able to copy and paste from notes. Are you both having trouble with that? I also prefer custom fields for some user cases like this, but notes should definitely be accessible in mini. Let me know!

• stillmoms
    stillmoms
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, just tested this myself and I am able to copy info from the Notes field, whether styled with Markdown or not, with both keyboard shortcuts and the right-click context menu “Copy” item.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stillmoms: Thanks! It may be that we have a bug there, but I haven't encountered issues with this yet.

@jm.torres92: Maybe we're just doing things differently. can you tell me the specific steps? I might be looking at something else. If it's simpler, take a screenshot. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.