Security Audit deprecated? [No; just delayed]

Options
viniciusxp
viniciusxp
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Dears, on the new beta I can only see Watchtower in security audit. On 1Pass 6 we had many groups alerting on password age and quality.

Please take a look on the screenshot below with the 2 versions side by side.

1Password Version: 7.0-BETA1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We'll be expanding Watchtower further in future betas. We didn't have enough time to get it done before the first beta but we did want to get the beta into your hands sooner rather than later.

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member
    Options

great to hear, was missing this on the first look as well!

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• danthony
    danthony
    Community Member
    Options

Great to hear this too. I'm having to use both 1Password 6 and 7 to do my monthly password updates. Can't wait for everything to be on 1Password 7

• Ben
    Options

@danthony

Thanks for the feedback. Unless you are doing those changes due to some sort of requirement you may want to reconsider:

NIST Update: Passphrases In, Complex Passwords Out | Duo Security

[...] don’t arbitrarily require users to change their passwords unless there’s been a password breach.

(emphasis mine)

Ben

• danthony
    danthony
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I change my passwords (depending on the service ) every 12-18 months, but I don't change everything at once and do it in monthly increments.

I wish my work was more flexible. I have to change all of my passwords every 3 months, which can be quite jarring.

• Ben
    Options

I wish my work was more flexible. I have to change all of my passwords every 3 months, which can be quite jarring.

Indeed, and not really recommended anymore. :(

Ben

• KBeat
    KBeat
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I did search the beta forum first, and go back manually about 15 pages, before posting.

It may not have been the most popular feature, but I did make use of Security Audit fairly regularly. In particular, I used it to monitor the age of my passwords to change them regularly, as well as to weed out older weak passwords of course.

As it's been missing, save watchtower, through 8 betas, I'm wondering if it's been removed from 7. I hope not, but would like to know what's happening with the Audit features.

1Password Version: 7 BETA 8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.3
    Sync Type: iCloud/Account

• Ben
    Options

@KBeat

No worries. Merged. Please see above. :)

Ben

• KBeat
    KBeat
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks Ben, glad to hear it will return.

BTW: When using the search feature in the forum, "Audit" and "Security Audit" both returned no results, which led to my post. I was sure I couldn't be the first person to ask. Odd given that they're definitely there.

• Ben
    Options

I noticed the same, but strangely when I filtered the results to just the Mac Beta category the threads appeared in the results. Thanks.

Ben

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Definite +1 from me.

This is one of my favourite features of the app. I was worried it had been removed to save space and clean up the sidebar, I'm glad it's returning - I mentioned to Ben in another thread that one of my most used features now required more clicks to use in v7, and this was exactly what I was referring to. For anyone who isn't aware, you can actually get to similar features in v7 by selecting 'logins' in the sidebar, then using the dropdown selector above the sites list. It's not as convenient, but if you need to access this in v7 beta, you can still get to it via this method, just with more mouse clicks.

Can't wait to see it return.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ind3X - Yep, thanks for the workaround suggestion, and keep an eye peeled for updates -- definitely plan to have Security Audit's full functionality restored in future versions. :)

This discussion has been closed.