Tabbing and Templated Signatures on Forum

JadC
JadC
1Password Alumni

Two thinks that bother me about the AgileBits discussion forum:

(1) Tabbing from the title doesn't tab to the main text area below it :)

(2) We cannot template our signature on the forum. I would like to fill out the helpful optional information on my profile and would like to see it autofill so that I do not need to fill it out each time I post (I like reporting bugs :tongue:). Since outdated versions is definitely a worry as people may not post often, you guys can add a feature that makes someone verify that the versioning info is correct before posting in a forum that requires it (e.g. an extension bug report should require verification of the extension version).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Two thinks that bother me about the AgileBits discussion forum:
    (1) Tabbing from the title doesn't tab to the main text area below it :)

@jadchaar: Hmm. Do you mean literally hitting the Tab key when you have the discussion title highlighted? I do notice that takes me to the comment formatting first ("Bold", for example, on through "Attach Image" — 10 Tabs total will bring you from title to the comment body itself). I'm not sure we have much control over that with the forum software, but it's something we can look into. Are you using a screen reader?

(2) We cannot template our signature on the forum.

I'm probably the wrong person, because I really like not having "signatures" here. They take up a lot of space, quickly become repetitive, and often are used on forums for...let's just say less-than-friendly purposes.

I would like to fill out the helpful optional information on my profile and would like to see it autofill so that I do not need to fill it out each time I post (I like reporting bugs :tongue:). Since outdated versions is definitely a worry as people may not post often, you guys can add a feature that makes someone verify that the versioning info is correct before posting in a forum that requires it (e.g. an extension bug report should require verification of the extension version).

Automatically filling version information is an interesting idea, but this changes frequently. And while we could probably hook something up so that the app can do this for you, I'm not sure it's the right thing to do — especially making it mandatory. Some people really like that this is separate from their actual use of 1Password, and that it's voluntary to provide information. Often it isn't necessary, and some people will prefer to provide that info via email when it is. I do hope we can have a better system for all of this in the future though that can maintain privacy while still facilitating exchange of information as needed. There are some tools we've used in the past that helped with this, but they just didn't have everything we needed, and ended up being confusing for customers in many respects too. We definitely don't think this forum is a perfect solution, but it's fairly familiar and easy to use for most folks on the internet these days. We'll continue to keep an eye out for the next thing though. Thanks for your input on this! :)

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

No I am not using a screen reader. I just was wondering why tabbing when composing a post wasn't working. It isn't a huge deal, especially since you guys are using 3rd party forum software.

• Understood. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.