I changed my master password on iphone. Never updated on windows 10 app or on website.

dawnl
dawnl
Community Member

I changed my master password on my iphone. It never updated on windows 10 app or website. Other changes made on iphone, logins,
are updating right away. I finally went into windows app and website and manually changed to new master password. I am currently updating logins and combining 2 vaults into one. This evening, I have logins in my list that disappear and then reappear. Also on my iphone, when I go into Security settings, the lock now and Change Master Password keep going from blue to gray. I am a little concerned because someone hacked my husbands email last night. Is there anyway I can change my secret key? How do I know if someones in my 1Password account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password not updating

Comments

• dawnl
    dawnl
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

I changed my master password on my iphone. It never updated on windows 10 app or website. Other changes made on iphone, logins,
    are updating right away. I finally went into windows app and website and manually changed to new master password. I am currently updating logins and combining 2 vaults into one. This evening, I have logins in my list that disappear and then reappear. Also on my iphone, when I go into Security settings, the lock now and Change Master Password keep going from blue to gray. I am a little concerned because someone hacked my husbands email last night. I finally found how to change secret key, and changed it. How do I know if someones in my 1Password account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dawnl: You can change your Secret Key on your Profile page on 1Password.com...but it sounds like you just have a local (Primary) vault on your iPhone that you changed the Master Password for. Is that correct? That isn't at all associated with your 1Password.com account, so changing that will have the result you've described. Let me know what you find!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dawnl: I've merged your separate posts here. Please keep in mind that when you send us multiple messages it slows down the support process for everyone — including you. Please reply here and we'll be happy to help you. :)

• dawnl
    dawnl
    Community Member

Sorry about the dual post. I wasn’t sure if I posted in the correct category.
    I am part of a family. I have a primary account from an old version of 1 Password that I am transferring over to a family account. When I make changes in the family account on iphone, it automatically updates on Windows app and website. I have changed master password before and it updated everywhere. Also, logins on my iPhone and windows app would disappear and then show back up, it did this over a dozen times last night. I wasn’t doing anything to the logins that kept disappearing. And I did not make any settings changes.
    I just went into primary account on phone and did a move and copy to the family account. It updated on the windows app in less than 15 seconds. When I changed the secret key on website it updated on Windows and iPhone.

• If you have a Primary vault on a device then that is the Master Password that 1Password will unlock with on that device, and that is also the Master Password that will be changed using the Change Master password function. If you remove the Primary vault then this will function as you expect.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.