Cannot start using 1password on Android 4.4.2

anmiles
anmiles
Community Member

Hi there.
I installed 1password on my Android 4.4.2 and launched it.
It asked me to choose between Dropbox, WLAN server or local storage to specify vault.
But I have no any vaults in dropbox or anywhere. I have been using 1password for 2 months but never saved anything in dropbox and never specified dropbox folder in the settings.
I can't find instructions on have to save my vault directly.
What can I do from here?

1Password Version: 6.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @anmiles. You mentioned that you've been using 1Password for 2 months. Can you let me know what device(s) you've been using it on? Do you still have access to the device(s) you've been using it on before this Android?

• anmiles
    anmiles
    Community Member

Hi @peri. Here are devides I've been using 1password successfully:
    1) 1password extension for Google Chrome
    2) 1password 6 for Windows

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anmiles: Thanks! If you're using 1Password for Windows version 6 and (it sounds like) 1Password X in Chrome, you've got a 1Password.com account. Is that correct? Unfortunately that can't work on Android version 4, as it is quite old and does not have the security features that 1Password.com depends on. It won't be possible for you to use your account there in that case. Are you able to upgrade to Android 5.0 or later? That would work.

• anmiles
    anmiles
    Community Member

Nevermind, I decided to buy new phone. 1password is one more thing that doesn't work properly on 4.4.2 and there are enough of such things to make me get rid of this phone. Unfortunately it's not upgradable.
    Thank you for help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, gotcha. It's kind of a bummer to have to spend the money, but I think you'll be much happier — and safer — with a new one where you can use 1Password and all of the other latest stuff. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.