To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Step by Step from 1password7 Beta to Families Membership

Options
bgsuisu
bgsuisu
Community Member

I have not been able to find the instructions where you move data from dropbox single licence to multiple devices after having used the standalone 1password7 beta for windows. What I have partially accomplished is: added new family membership to my iphone and main PC. I have 1password 6 now on the the main computer and uninstalled the 1password 7 beta. The data migrated properly and I am now set up on two devices. I now need to set up my account on my other PC it (has 1password7 beta) and dropbox folders as well. I also have e new MAC that does not have any standalone vaults. Can you send me the link to the step by step setup as I do not want to double up my logins or lose data by doing something in a hurry. Your help as always is appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.0 beta
Extension Version: chrome
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bgsuisu,

We don’t have instructions written for the betas yet, but you can find instructions for the stable releases here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please note: the migration should only be performed from one device, otherwise you will likely end up with duplicates that can be time consuming to remove. Once you’ve completed the migration from one device you should delete the standalone (“Primary”) vault from each device and then sign into your membership on each other device (instructions for this are in the guide).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• bgsuisu
    bgsuisu
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, perfect thank you. I was about to do this wrong.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good then! On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.