Safari cannot install this extension

hairydalek
hairydalek
Community Member

Hi,
I can not get Safari to install the 1 Password extension in a new to me Mac running High Sierra. I’ve tried the instructions here, but to no avail.
https://support.1password.com/safari-cannot-install-extension/

Installing from Apple’s extension website OR from the download from the Agilebits website both do not work. Noting that Disable Extensions is on whenever I start Safari. I can turn it off, but it comes back!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @hairydalek! That sounds as if you may want to reinstall macOS from the ground up, unfortunately. We don't have reports of people being unable to install the 1Password for Mac extension in Safari persistently. If you've tried all of the steps at the support article you linked, then re-installing macOS may be the best bet for you (though of course usual caveats when attempting something so broad-reaching). But before we go that route, can I ask you to let us know the version of Safari you're using, the version of macOS, and the version of both 1Password and the extension? Along with that, I'd like you to visit the Safari Extensions Gallery and see whether you can install other extensions from there, or if you have the same problem? Thanks in advance.

• hairydalek
    hairydalek
    Community Member

Actually, this is a new install. I have a pre-loved MacBook Pro, and I’ve just put High Sierra on it, so I’m on Safari 11.1.

I retried a bit later, and the extension installed. There was probably a restart at some point as I’ve been adding software to the machine today.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hairydalek - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. ;) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not. Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.