names & password is put in and promptly dropped before log in

Jmano
Jmano
Community Member

Safari 11.3 or Google 65.0-- When I choose a blank page and choose a site on 1password, 1password inserts the name and password and immediately removes same before the site is opened. Then with the log in page shown, a second request for the name and password is reinstalled and the site opens

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:names & password is put in and promptly dropped before log in

Comments

• Hi @Jmano,

My apologies but I’m not sure I’m understanding the difficulty you’re describing. Could you please walk me through the steps you’re taking, and what happens as a result of each step? If you’re able to provide screenshots that may be helpful, but please only do so if they do not contain any confidential information.

Ben

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member

Ben- For instance, when I want to log on to a site I first open a blank page, I then select the site I want in 1password, I click on that selection, the log on page comes up, and the name and password are inserted.
    Before the name and password can take effect it disappears. I then have to select the site again and it works. It has always worked before and is annoying. I do updates as they come out. Maybe that is the problem?
    Hope this clarifies.
    Thanks
    Jmano

• Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. I understand the situation now. And just to be clear: is this happening on every page, or just a particular page / set of pages? And if you navigate to the page first (instead of invoking 1Password from a blank page) it fills as expected?

Ben

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member

Ben
    It does it on all pages, but once I am in the log on page it works fine.

Jmano

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying. Indeed, I'm sorry for the trouble, but it sounds like it's just taking a bit to load, so 1Password cannot do anything with the page until that's finished. Definitely try the keyboard shortcut — ⌘ \ — as that makes it quick and easy to fill a login on the page once it's loaded. And if you'd like to share some URLs where you're having trouble, we'll see if there's something we can do to help with that in the future. Cheers! :)

• jmvdigital
    jmvdigital
    Community Member

For what it’s worth, I’m having the same problem on every site. And it’s not because the page has not loaded fully. This only started happening recently. I’ll use the 1Password browser mini-app to find a login site I need to go to (e.g., my web server login)… Safari will load the login page, 1Password will input the login info, then the page will refresh really fast and the login boxes will empty… I then need to go back to 1Password to have it refill the login info. This does not seem to happen (though I’m not certain) if I navigate to the page first. It appears directly related to 1Password.

• @jmvdigital

Have you tried this in other browsers (you would need to change your default browser temporarily to test)? Do you have any extensions installed other than 1Password?

Ben

• jmvdigital
    jmvdigital
    Community Member

Hey Ben, I misspoke. I meant using the Safari extension, not the mini app. Through some additional testing, I have confirmed this only happens with the Safari extension. I can use the same login items via the Chrome extension, Safari extension, and taskbar mini app, and the only one that does this micro-refresh is when using the Safari extension. When using the mini app, it seems to work fine, still in Safari.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jmvdigital - this sounds very much like the issue described here, which is one we're currently still looking into. Thanks for your patience (and let us know if you disagree with my diagnosis). :)

• jmvdigital
    jmvdigital
    Community Member

Lars, it is the same issue. Thank you, and sorry to hijack this thread.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jmvdigital - no worries, thanks for reporting! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.