How do I reorder the passwords that come up for a given site in the Mac web widget?

Options
Skipperdee
Skipperdee
Community Member

I have 5 different Amazon username/passwords, but I only need to use the bottom 2 on the list regularly. However the two I added most recently are the only ones that show. Can I reshuffle them so the two I need to see are visible, and the less frequently used ones fall under the "show 3 more items" menu item?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skipperdee: You can't reorder them. They're ordered Favorite first, then by URL, and finally alphabetically. So what you can do is change the saved URL to better match where you normally use it, and then set it as a Favorite if you want it to always be at the top in that case, regardless of the title. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Skipperdee
    Skipperdee
    Community Member
    Options

What do you mean by "change the saved URL to better match where you normally use it,"? I have favorited the ones I want to see, and the names are alphabetically before the one that shows, but they still do not show on top. I don't understand what's not working here.

• Skipperdee
    Skipperdee
    Community Member
    Options

I have resorted to the option of using the "never display in browser" function for the ones I rarely use, but I don't like that because I need to remember that I HAVE those options, and it isn't convenient to get to them when I DO need them.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skipperdee -- you favorited the ones you want to see at the top...and they're not showing at the top? Are the others perhaps favorited as well (this would effectively bypass the usefulness of favoriting items in this regard)? If not, please try this: UN-favorite the items you want favorited, then re-favorite them, then Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and restart 1Password. Let us know if that changes the order any.

• Skipperdee
    Skipperdee
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I have changed the visibility of all Amazon passwords to "Always" show in browser, unfavorited and re-favorited the two items I want to show first, quit 1Password holding down Control & option, restarted 1Password, and I still get the LEAST wanted passwords showing up first, and my favorited ones in positions 3 and 4. I'm hoping the screenshots I've attached show in this comment. If not, tell me how to post a picture and I'll do it for clarity.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skipperdee - no, the screenshots came through just fine, thanks. :)

Can you examine the saved URLs in "Bonnie" and "Mom" records and compare them to the ones saved in "A's" and "Bob's?" Are they the same URLs to Amazon's login page? Or are they different?

• Skipperdee
    Skipperdee
    Community Member
    Options

AH! I figured it out. That was the problem. I was using different URLs for the favorited ones. I changed the URLs so they are all the same and now my favorited ones do come up first.
    Thank you for your help and patience with me!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skipperdee - Excellent! I'm glad I was able to assist -- let us know if you need anything else, and have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.