[Bug] Saving a new login entry fails and results in empty record fields (shop.rewe.de)

Options
mort
mort
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Adding a new record for a login to the german food delivery service REWE did not work at all. I tried this twice and both times i got the same faulty results. The new record was created but besides the URL it was totally empty. Neither my mail-address nor my password have been saved. Thus I instantly had to reset my password because it was gone and forgotten already.

https://shop.rewe.de/mydata/login

1Password Version: 7.0.540
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: local vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@mort: I'm sorry for the trouble there. Thanks for letting us know. No issue on macOS, but for some reason this website is really weird on Windows. For example, just loading it in Chrome causes a huge CPU spike. We'll see what we can do about this in the beta.

ref: OPW7-2132

• mort
    mort
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for having a look into it. Well, if the troublemaker is the website itself then I guess there is not much you can do about it.

The only idea I have would be a kind of little sanity check within 1Password to see if a freshly created record seems to have stored some data at all. Hence it could decide to give a warning to the user that things might not have been saved correctly and a manual check might be needed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mort: You're very welcome. But to be clear, I am hopeful we'll be able to find a workaround. I can't promise anything, but at the very least 1Password for Windows shouldn't choke so badly there. You're absolutely right that you should't have to worry about something like this happening, regardless of the situation. So while I don't think we want to settle for a sanity check, we do need to do something to improve this. My fear is that other sites could be affected as well, so we do want to look into it further. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! I'm not sure we'd have encountered this site otherwise.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@mort,

I just tested this and while I can't reproduce the issue that Brenty mentioned, I can reproduce the missing data. It looks like the extension did pass on the data correctly but for some reason, 1Password 7 could not process it. Something's not being parsed correctly. We'll investigate and get it fixed.

• MikeT
    Options

Oh by the way, if you try again to 'update' the existing Login item, it'll save it properly.

• @mort thanks for reporting this issue, it's being fixed and will be in the next update.

• mort
    mort
    Community Member
    Options

You are welcome and thank you for fixing it.
    By the way, I did not have the mentioned cpu load issue.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mort,

On behalf of the team, you're welcome. We've shipped the update just now, please give it a try and let us know if it is working better now.

This discussion has been closed.