Possible bug when using autofill

Sinister
Sinister
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Android

When using autofill, for some reason, most of the time it doesn't find the log-in item automatically, so I have to search for it. After clicking search, the "x" to dismiss goes away, and it is hard to exit out. Then, when clicking outside the box and dismissing the keyboard, to exit "search," the "x" to dismiss is no longer present in the 1password pop-up either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Sinister. The first time you fill a Login with Autofill, 1Password will create a linked app field in the item details so that it recognizes that app for filling in the future. This way you won't have to search. However, this isn't possible with the Agile Keychain format. What format is your data in?

• Do you have Autofill and the accessibility service enabled? The pop up is only dismissible when using the accessibility service. You won't see it when using Autofill.

• I'm not seeing this on my end. With Autofill disabled and the 1Password accessibility service enabled, I see the X to dismiss the Autofill prompt. If I then search for a password to fill, and back out of the search window to cancel the search, when I tap in the Login field I still see the X to dismiss the prompt.

• Just to clarify, the X to dismiss will only show up when using the accessibility service. It won't show up with Autofill in Android O. Can you disable Autofill in your settings so you're just filling with accessibility? You should see the button after.

• Accessibility will work in any version of Android, not just Nougat and earlier. And only the accessibility service will show the option to dismiss. With Autofill in Android O, the system takes care of determining when to show the pop up, and you can dismiss it by tapping outside of the window.

I take it you have both the accessibility service and Autofill enabled, in which case when you do see the X button, that's when the accessibility service is providing the pop up, and not Autofill.

• Sorry, @Sinister, I think you're misunderstanding me. When you see the 'Autofill with 1Password' pop up, that can be either Autofill or the accessibility service. Both have the same pop up. However, only the pop up for the accessibility service has the X button to dismiss the prompt. Autofill will never have that button.

• I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88493/possible-bug-when-using-autofill#latest
    • Your forum username: Sinister

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Great! I was able to find it with the Support ID. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you. :)

ref: KPL-57758-274

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you provide some clear steps to reproduce the issue you're referring to?

• Is this just on the Microsoft or Google website that you mentioned? I'm having a hard time understanding how to get to this sign on page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah yep, that's a good example! 1Password has no way of knowing this is a login form under the circumstances, because it really isn't. They're just asking for one piece of information without the context of others. Works fine with the 1Password keyboard though, and we'll see if there are better ways we can present filling in these cases without getting in everyone's way any time there's a single field somewhere. Cheers! :)

• @Sinister although we don't yet support split sign-ins (where the username/email and password fields are displayed on separate screens), it is something that I'm hoping to be able to handle. It's a trickier scenario to detect, but it is certainly possible to do with some clever work on our part. I can't provide a timeline as to when this will be supported, but I can say that it's something that I'm eager to see implemented.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Not yet, but we're always working to make it better. ;) :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well, I'm glad you think so, but we're not going to tell you that just to placate you in cases where that's not true. :lol:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Good. When you say it, then you might an it.

Indeed. We're not perfect, but if we say we'll do it, we'll do our very best to make it happen. :)

Now, back to the one thing I want the most from 1p...

:crazy:

This discussion has been closed.