Sideload 1PW on Edge?

Options

Hello, we do not allow access to Windows Store on my work laptop and I would like to use extension in Edge. is there a way to side load 1PW for windows 10 machine so that I can have extension feature? I tried copying over WindowsStoreApps 1PW folder from C:\program files\ but didn't have any luck manually loading. Is this not possible with 1pw, or have I missed a step?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1709
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited April 2018
    Options

@duff2481: The short answer is no. While technically possible, sideloading extensions in Edge is a pain. While it's technically possible, it is not nearly as simple as Chrome or Firefox which allow you to manually install an extension with relative ease. You have to jump through a number of hoops that are difficult enough (if not impossible) to automate, so we ultimately decided it wasn't a viable option. You can, of course, install the extension in Chrome or Firefox, if allowed by your employer's policy and get all of the same saving and filling features as you would in Edge. :+1:

• duff2481
    duff2481
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, while helpful in Chrome, not helpful when using Edge.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @duff2481,

We're working with Microsoft to address their concerns. Hopefully we will come to terms soon, so please stay tuned. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.