Using 1P also in Office / shared computer ?

Hey there,
i wanted to ask you people about a thing that goes in my head.
I would like to use 1P also in Office on my windows PC. Installation wouldnt be a problem but it could happen that other employees have to use my computer as well.
Would that be a problem ? i dont wanna let them use 1P - they sign in with seperate logins.
Can they start my 1P Installation then from their account ?

And what about the Website (1Password.com) where its asking if thats a shared computer ?
Is that any violance of terms or something like that ?

Could it be possible to show there just the "office" vault instead of all my own stuff ?

Thanks for your help, cause im really kind of nervous to set it up there.

greets Mantok

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018

Hi @mantok,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this. As long as you are using separate user accounts the risk of such an arrangement is fairly low. The biggest thing would be to make sure you are locking your computer (Windows key + L) or signing out when walking away from the keyboard. You would not be breaking any agreements with us by accessing your 1Password data on your work computer. The “shared computer” checkbox on 1Password.com applies to situations where someone else might use the same user account as you, which would not be recommended. When checking that box the Secret Key is not stored in the web browser on that computer.

As for your question about showing only a subset of your vaults... there are a couple of ways in which this may be possible:

1. You could set up a second account within your membership (requires 1Password Families or 1Password Teams) that only has access to the desired vault(s) and then login to that account at work
    2. You may be able to leverage Travel Mode to accomplish this, but it would be a fairly manual process.

As always we would recommend using a strong unique password for your Master Password. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.