1Password Windows Beta - Browser extension not always showing Windows hello login option

Kazara
Kazara
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have oinstalled the Windows beta of 1Password and the browser extension does not always show the Windows hello login option.
Sometimes it works though, seems like an intermittent problem.

Also, the browser extension claims to be version 4.7.0.90.
The plugin is showing the new version 7 interface though and reports being updated to "version 7.0.XXX" on a regular basis.

1Password Version: 7.0.541
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Winddows 10
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Hi @Kazara,

Thanks for writing in.

Also, the browser extension claims to be version 4.7.0.90.

That is okay and the reason is that they are two separate products and each will have their own versions. We reuse the same 1Password browser extensions between 1Password 4-7 for Windows and macOS, they're not updated at the same time either.

Sometimes it works though, seems like an intermittent problem.

Just so you'd know, Windows Hello in 1Password can only be used as long as the same 1Password session is running. Rebooting or restarting 1Password app such as updates will require you to unlock with Master Password before it can enable Hello again. Could this explain what you're seeing?

If not, how often do you see this? Do you sleep or shut down your computer daily?

• Kazara
    Kazara
    Community Member

Hi MikeT, thank you for the prompt reply!
    Since the app is updating quite frequently and I seldomly restart my computer - I think your description of explains the behaviour.
    I will simply unlock ans lock 1password after update. (^__^)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, sorry for the confusion there! Anyway, it sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.