Correct Master Password (1Password.com) not working on 7 beta for Mac.

Options
matesmac
matesmac
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I wanted to try the beta version of 1Password. I did uninstall my previous version (6) and got rid of all legacy 1Password files on my machine. But I am not able to login with my master password. The welcome screen wants me to sign up for a trial. I choose "Go Back > 1Password.com". The app founds my account on the mac (not sure how, but OK). I press "Add" and insert my master password but it is rejected. I know it is correct. I have been using it every day for many years AND I can sign with it to my account in a browser.

I am a Family plan subscriber at this moment.

Any ideas if there is some easy fix/mistake that I am overlooking?

Comments

• matesmac
    matesmac
    Community Member
    Options

OK, after 2 days of trying I made it work few minutes after posting this. Embarrassing.

The master password didn't work when I selected the account in the found list. It also didn't work when I tried scanning the QR Code. But it worked when I added my data manually.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@matesmac: No need to be embarrassed. I'm sorry for the trouble! I don't think this is what happened based on your description, but it's worth noting that 1Password will unlock using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup in it. It's also worth making sure that your Emergency Kit is up to date. If you've made changes to your account, you'll need to save a new one. On the other hand, we all make mistakes. It's not every day it happens, but when I have trouble with my Master Password repeatedly, I usually take that as a sign that I need to eat or sleep or something. Otherwise I don't get anywhere anyway. Either way, glad to hear you were able to work it out, and we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.