Login list is too narrow in 1Password X

When my cursor enters a username field a list of passwords is displayed. The box that contains this list is too narrow such that I cannot differentiate the items in the list because the titles are cut off despite having plenty of screen space. Also, the box does not seem to be resizable

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 1.6.0
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@redneck: Thanks for getting in touch! Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot? I can't say that I've found the space to be insufficient, so I'd like to get a frame of reference.

To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• redneck
    redneck
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. I'm attaching a screen shot. For security reasons I chose the agile bits login, and I prevented the username from appearing. In this example I have 2 logins with names that only differ at the end, which I cannot see.
    thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@redneck: Thanks for clarifying! I guess I tend to use shorter titles for things in general to save myself reading more than I have to day in and day out; even in cases where I can see long titles, using shorter ones saves me time. As illustrated in your screenshot, the current design allows for about 27 characters. I'm not sure we want to make it much longer than that, but it's something we'll continue to evaluate. Thank you for your feedback on this!

• redneck
    redneck
    Community Member

I appreciate your perspective, however I feel that I am probably not alone, and strongly encourage you to survey your customer base to find out. At the very least, look at your auto-naming algorithm, and query your own data to see how often the title will get truncated. Limiting the width arbitrarily is either an indication of a limitation in your architecture/design system, or a selfish design choice especially considering this is a new limitation. I strongly encourage you to reconsider. At the very least make it configurable such that I can continue to have the old behavior. In the mean time I will be uninstalling 1Password X. Please let me know what you decide.

• redneck
    redneck
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

I sized my 1Password item list in the Mac 1Password app so that the example item above was cut off at the same spot. I then counted all the items that were cut off... 342 out of 1578 items are cut off, which is 21%. I did not filter by type "login", and I do not know if there is a font difference, but this should give you a rough idea. I would like to provide more detail but I am apparently running out of spa... ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@redneck: Thanks for the humour! We'll see what we can do. :lol:

While we're not going to be able to survey people (we intentionally collect as little information about our 1Password users as possible, and unsolicited feedback prompts are pretty gross), I agree that it would be nice if the UI was more flexible. We'll see if we can accomplish that without compromising usability in other ways (things can go very, very wrong since there are so many different ways fonts and layouts are handled across OSes and browsers). 1Password X is very young, and we'll continue to improve it with each update. Thanks for your feedback on this! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.