Sorting differences between iOS and macOS versions

ondrejfuhrer
ondrejfuhrer
Community Member

Hello,

I just noticed one strange difference between iOS and macOS versions. Never noticed it before until I was looking for an item starting with number :smile: On iOS the items starting without letter are in the end of the list and on macOS version they are on the top. Which looks strange and inconsistent, me personally I like the numbers on top, but that's more about what people like.

I see there are 2 ways to solve:
1. Make it consistent either way (numbers on top or bottom)
2. Make the decision available to user so it could be set in settings how the items will be sorted

What do you think?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sorting

Comments

• Hi @ondrejfuhrer

I think we’ll likely gravitate toward #1 eventually, but I don’t have any info on when changes in this regard might happen. Ultimately we’d like to see more cross-platform consistency in general.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

@ondrejfuhrer,

On iOS the items starting without letter are in the end of the list and on macOS version they are on the top.

In 1Password for Mac, turn off "Show numbers and symbols first" in Advanced Preferences if you want the item list sorted like in 1Password for iOS. I hope that helps. :)

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hey @sjk , thanks a lot! I totally missed that setting there. Would be nice to have that option as well in iOS version :smile:

• On behalf of sjk you’re most welcome. :) I think it is more likely that we’ll pick a default and have both apps behave that way, but I’ll certainly pass the feedback along to development. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.