1Password 7 Beta 6 for Windows is here!

Options
2»

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @raaomoka,

Thanks for your feedback!

Just to be clear, 1Password 7 isn't an update to 1Password 4, it's a completely new product that'll replace 1Password 4. That does mean that it may not have all features just yet as we're working on implementing the rest of them and more.

Please could you bring back the freedom to set our own keyboard shortcuts instead of pointlessly restricting us to only Ctrl + Alt keyboard shortcuts

We have plans to implement full shortcut customization support in a future update along with more shortcuts you can customize.

This wasn't removed, we just haven't implemented it yet.

However, there are some situations where I don't see what I want in 1Password ('cause I haven't saved anything for the site), so, I don't put the focus on the 1Password mini window, and clicking outside it doesn't make it disappear. Could you make it that clicking outside the 1Password mini window (without ever initially putting it in focus) also makes it disappear?

That sounds like a bug because we already do this. 1Password mini is automatically focused every time you invoke it and as soon as you de-focus it by clicking elsewhere, it will disappear.

Can you clarify how you are bringing up 1Password mini, you said shortcut, which one, Control + \ or Control + Alt + \? Where do you do this that makes 1Password mini not focused?

Allow us drag and drop credentials between vaults! Right now, moving credentials between vaults requires right-clicking > Share > hover over vault > Move. Drag and drop will be much faster here.

Thanks for the suggestion, drag and drop is in the plans for a lot of things in the future, such as tags too.

When migrating from the old .agilekeychain vault format to the new .opvault format on Windows, give the option to convert the folders into individual vaults and move every credential in them to the new vault. That way, there wouldn't be any need to waste time re-organizing like I have to currently do since you guys abandoned folders.

We convert folders to nested tags, you can use them the same way you use folders including nested support. Once we add drag and drop, you can treat tags like you used to treated folders in 1Password 4.

While we'll keep this in mind for the future, we don't think this will likely happen.

• raaomoka
    raaomoka
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT ,

Good to hear full keyboard shortcut freedom and drag and drop support will eventually be implemented.

Can you clarify how you are bringing up 1Password mini, you said shortcut, which one, Control + \ or Control + Alt + \? Where do you do this that makes 1Password mini not focused?

Due to the 1Password app currently lacking the freedom to set my desired shortcut, I currently have the desired keyboard shortcut (Alt + Shift + F) set-up for the extension in Chrome's extension settings, which calls up 1Password mini.

We convert folders to nested tags

Problem with that is, tags were like search shortcuts to make it easier to find login credentials in 1Password 4, just like we have them in online Forums nowadays to make it easier to find threads. So, I have loads of tags for each credential. Folders are categories of credentials, which is why I'm resorting to creating new vaults in 1Password 7 for each category.

If you can't implement this option of converting folders to vaults, at least give us the option of creating our own categories in 1Password 7 instead of pointlessly restricting us to what you guys think are the only credential categories on Earth (logins is far too generic of a category).

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @raaomoka,

I currently have the desired keyboard shortcut (Alt + Shift + F) set-up for the extension in Chrome's extension settings, which calls up 1Password mini.

Do you see the same problem with the standard shortcut, Control + Alt + \? We don't support Chrome's method of invoking 1Password mini like that.

If you can't implement this option of converting folders to vaults, at least give us the option of creating our own categories in 1Password 7 instead of pointlessly restricting us to what you guys think are the only credential categories on Earth (logins is far too generic of a category).

Custom categories isn't as easy as it sounds but it is something we'd like to do in the future. We have an experimental feature that's like that available for certain 1Password.com plans but so far, we may be looking at redoing it. Hopefully, we'll find a better solution.

• ddudek
    ddudek
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to force sync in 1Password 7 (beta) for windows? For some reason when I updated a password, it didn’t sync up to the website (1Password Family Account) or my iOS devices. I tried updating the record again, quitting and reopening, etc and still cannot get it to sync.

• raaomoka
    raaomoka
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Do you see the same problem with the standard shortcut, Control + Alt + \? We don't support Chrome's method of invoking 1Password mini like that.

No, the problem doesn't appear to exist with the standard Ctrl + Alt + \ shortcut, only with the Chrome Shortcut. Patiently waiting for full keyboard shortcut support...

• MikeT
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi guys,

@ddudek,

Is there a way to force sync in 1Password 7 (beta) for windows?

Just making a change always force the sync, including locking and unlocking. You don't see the updated record on 1Password.com website either?

We'll need to look at your diagnostics report to see what's going on. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

@raaomoka,

No, the problem doesn't appear to exist with the standard Ctrl + Alt + \ shortcut, only with the Chrome Shortcut. Patiently waiting for full keyboard shortcut support...

That does sound like a focus-ownership issue, Windows have a lot of restrictions on how anyone can focus their view to avoid randomly losing focus all over the place. Since Chrome invoked 1Password mini, it owns the focus and that's why 1Password mini can't focus, it's an external separate process outside of Chrome. When you use our shortcut, it is 1Password that processed the shortcut and brings up its 1Password mini view that is correctly focused.

I'll see if we can reproduce Chrome issue and maybe find a workaround.

• ddudek
    ddudek
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I tried rebooting and editing again yesterday and it didn't update on other synced copies (the password history showed in Windows). Today when I opened the app the password had reverted. I updated it again and it synced. Would my diagnostics still help at this point?

• MikeT
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @ddudek,

Yes, we maintain a 14-day worth of logs for this specific reason. Please send it to us when you have a free moment.

That sounds like a sync conflict, the server has rejected the original change because you changed it elsewhere first.

• ddudek
    ddudek
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - Sent.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ddudek: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: GLD-16532-145

This discussion has been closed.