To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Question for possible new membership

Options
jwhitted
jwhitted
Community Member

I'm not sure which forum to use, so I'll just post it here. I currently use v4 on Windows and v6 for Mac (and iOS). I'm looking at going to subscription (maybe on Family), but I'm wondering how everything will work together. For example, it sounds like I'll have to use the Windows v7 Beta in order to stay in sync with everything else, right? Or maybe use 1Password X in Chrome? What if I'm using the Mac Beta on one machine and v6 on another. Will the data play nice between those versions, even if they have different features? Are there features in the Beta that, if I use, will render passwords unusable on v6? (For example, I don't know if multiple/shared vaults work the same in the Beta as they do in v6.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @jwhitted ,

Welcome to the forums. I was exactly the same case as you described (v4 on Win, v6 on Mac + iOS) and I migrated to Family account recently. I must say, everything work smoothly, you can use either v6 for Mac if you don't feel adventurous, also install the stable version for Win and everything works fine together. So as I said, in my case it was super smooth and I was updated in all places in half an hour (with Win restarts :smile: ).

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

PS: just to break your wonders a little bit, currently I use those versions next to each other without any issues:

• iOS
    • macOS 7 Beta
    • macOS 6
    • Windows stable + beta (not sure know what the versions are)
    • Chrome X
    • Firefox X beta
  • jwhitted
    jwhitted
    Community Member
    Options

That's good to know. Though it sounds like you're using the current stable versions of Windows, which I thought was v4. And I'd read that v4 only works with local vaults, not the 1Password account. Though maybe I'm wrong about that. But I'd probably use the Windows Beta, anyway. Glad to know it all interacts fine. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

The current stable version of 1Password for Windows is v6, which only supports 1Password memberships. :)

Ben

• jwhitted
    jwhitted
    Community Member
    Options

Ah. I had no idea that existed. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.