Asking for Master password

mzel
mzel
Community Member

1p android is spinning the indicator over the screen for the last 2 days. I've been on beta 7 for about a month and this only started happening to me recently. Once I opened the 1p two days ago it tried to sync with Dropbox to no avail. The status in the notification area says:
1Pasasword, 2 days.
Syncing with Dropbox...

Asking for Master Password...

HTC m10, Sprint, Android 8.0.0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Have you tried restarting the device? Also, are you perhaps using the old AgileKeychain format? Thanks!

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Yes, I restarted the phone, and have not tried opening 1P again. I am not sure what format of storage I am using. I have 1P on 2 PCs and the phone. On this PC I am running 1P 4, build 625. On the other I am using 1P 7 beta. On Dropbox the vault is in the MyWallet.opvault folder

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: Yep! That's it: OPVault. Thank you! Since 1Password for Windows version 7 beta only supports OPVault, I wonder if you converted from AgileKeychain there when you started using the beta. Can you check and see the path of the vault you're syncing with in 1Password for Windows version 4 and 1Password for Android. You probably just need to set them up using the same vault you have in the beta. Let me know what you find!

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Do I need to choose different storage for 1P4 and 1P Android? Do I understand correctly that when I onboarded Beta 7 it converted the vault to the new format? Should I be running different versions of 1P at the same time?

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I tapped on Primary, and entered my password when prompted. After that the spinning stopped.
    But please explain this to me: When I tap on the Settings->1Password accounts it asks me to login to my 1P account or start trial. I do not remember opening an account with 1P, but I am using it for 6 or 7 years. Am I missing something?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Do I need to choose different storage for 1P4 and 1P Android? Do I understand correctly that when I onboarded Beta 7 it converted the vault to the new format? Should I be running different versions of 1P at the same time?

@mzel: That's a distinct possibility, but only you can confirm one way or another.

I tapped on Primary, and entered my password when prompted. After that the spinning stopped.

Please double check that you're using the same vault on all devices.

But please explain this to me: When I tap on the Settings->1Password accounts it asks me to login to my 1P account or start trial. I do not remember opening an account with 1P, but I am using it for 6 or 7 years. Am I missing something?

You will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership, which we introduced about two years ago. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you'll be using 1Password without an account and sync your own data or create a new vault. Sorry for the confusion there.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Thanks, I mostly got it. Just to clarify it to myself:

• Do you support 2 (or more) different formats of storage in 1P4?
    • Do you support only the latest format in 1P7 Win which is OPvault?
    • What is supported by current 1P7 beta 6 for Android?
    • Where do I specify the vault location in 1P Android? I see /1Password/MyWallet.opvault in Settings->Sync, but can not change it

TIA, Mark

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Do you support 2 (or more) different formats of storage in 1P4?

@mzel: Yes. 1Password 4 supports both the old AgileKeychain format and OPVault.

Do you support only the latest format in 1P7 Win which is OPvault?

Yes.

What is supported by current 1P7 beta 6 for Android?

1Password for Android currently supports both, but this is subject to change. Long term, we'd like to drop AgileKeychain, but there's some more we need to implement (local storage) for OPVault before we can do that.

Where do I specify the vault location in 1P Android? I see /1Password/MyWallet.opvault in Settings->Sync, but can not change it

Sorry for the confusion there! It cannot be changed there. You'll need to reinstall 1Password for Android and set it up with the new vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I guess this is what happened to me: I upgraded to 1P7 Win on one of my PCs, and 1P Android stopped working after a beta upgrade. It automatically picked up the new vault, but asked for a password which I somehow missed. I think I am using the new vault on all 3 devices where I have 1P

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: That makes sense, but I'm sorry for the trouble. We'll be updating our documentation to help with this once version 7 is complete and ready to unleash out of beta. If you've got all of your devices setup to use the new vault now though you should be all set. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.